A vision of law that embraces as much of your imagination as intellect?
As much emotion and intuition as analysis and synthesis?
And as much story as rules, doctrines, and legal thinking?
If these questions spark some wonder in you, then you have come to the right place.
Law-Lit’s 3 promises:
- You will learn helpful, meaningful things about law, which is to say about yourself and your relationship with law. Law is far more than a set of rules and doctrines to guide social conduct.
- Law is a way of life, an ethical undertaking, an intellectual and emotional and – just as important for our study together- imaginative calling.
- This imaginative perspective combines stories, writing, and values about law in great literature with your conventional legal studies to deepen and enrich your education.
But law-lit doesn’t merely promise to improve your experience in, and of, the law, it promises also to improve your experience of legal education and practice.
Yes, law-lit makes the bold claim that you will have fun reading, contemplating, and discussing great works of fiction and nonfiction about the law.
Imagination, enrichment, and fun thus serve as our guiding lights toward . . .
Law-Lit’s 3 goals:
- To become better legal storytellers.
- To become better legal writers and communicators.
- To become more ethically attuned to the challenges and rewards of our legal careers.